Posts tagged 'sheet masks'
My Beauty Diary is a fairly popular collection of Taiwanese sheet masks in the online beauty community. They are easily accessible, inexpensive, and effectively hydrates the skin (at least temporarily, more on that later). The first time I used one of these masks, I didn’t really like it because there was so much essence and it gets kinda messy. I had to lie down so the liquid wouldn’t drip down my chin. But as I did some more research on sheet masks, I finally figured out the best way to use them.
- Step 1: before you open the packet, squeeze the essence towards the bottom
- Step 2: use scissors to cut the top of the packet, above the part where you can just pull the packaging open
- Step 3: remove the mask and put it on your face
- Step 4: do one of these 3 things: apply the remaining essence on the rest of your body, save it and use it as a serum for later evening routines, or insert a clean, dry sheet mask and let it soak for a few days so you can use it in the future
- Step 5: leave the mask on your face for 30 minutes
- Step 6: remove the mask off your face and let the remaining essence be absorbed into your skin (the mask is still mostly wet after 30 minutes)
The Black Pearl mask is supposed to have whitening effects. But I haven’t really noticed any changes in my skin’s hyperpigmentation. I mainly use this for hydration. Besides the Black Pearl mask, I also have the Apple mask. The Apple mask is supposed to contain hyaluronic acid that moisturizes the skin and reduce the appearance of pores. The main reason I wanted to try this mask is to test out the pore minimizing effects. Right after I took off the mask, my pores do look smaller. But when I woke up the next morning, they look the same size as before. I’ve read/watched a lot of reviews on My Beauty Diary masks and most people said the regular masks only have temporary effects. I’m okay with that because using sheet masks is meant to be an easy way to pamper yourself and relax. The premium masks and limited edition flower masks are supposed to work better but I haven’t tried them yet. Personally, I don’t have really high expectations for these masks and they work very well for the price you pay. Each box comes with 10 masks and they are about $14 total. I think the premium masks is around the same price for 5 masks.
Have you tried these masks before? Let me know what you think of them!