Posts tagged 'evening routine'
Hi everyone! I know the title of this post seems a little out of place because it’s already spring. But my skin still feels very dry lately. Over the past year, my skin type has changed from oily combination to dry combination. If you use Clinique skin care products, it’s basically from type 3 to type 2. I think this change is mainly due to the fact that I take better care of my skin (using more gentle products) and teenage hormones are no longer tormenting me now that I’m in my 20s. lol Today I’m going to show you guys what I do for my evening skin care routine during those dry months.
I use these products in the following order:
1. Olay Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System: I bought this device recently and I’ve been using it once a day at night in the shower. It does a great job of exfoliating my skin by getting rid of dry patches, even out the skin surface, etc. It’s becoming a permanent part of my skin care routine now.
2. Clinique Liquid Soap: Actually, I use the St. Ives Green Tea Cleanser at night but the bottle tends to spill when I travel so I put it in another container. I put my morning cleanser here for picture purposes :) Any gentle gel/cream cleanser would work with the Olay system. I would not use a scrub with this system unless the microbeads are super small like in the Olay Pro-X Exfoliating Renewal Cleanser and Clinique Exfoliating Scrub.
3. My Beauty Diary Mask (Black Pearl): This is a great sheet mask for winter because it’s very hydrating and it’s an easy way to pamper yourself after a rough day. I like to use it once or twice a week. I used to be too lazy to apply this mask because there’s A LOT of essence in each packet and it gets kinda messy. But I finally learned a better way of using this product.
4. Clinique Acne Treatment Gel: Like I mentioned before, I honest don’t know what I’d do without this product. This is one of those holy grail skin care products for me. After cleansing (or sometimes after applying toner), I dab this gel onto my active breakouts to keep them under control. It contains salicylic acid and it basically dries up the pimple. I love the fact that this product works very well but sometimes it can be overly drying and make my skin flakey. That’s where the next step comes into play.
5. Olay Age Defying Daily Renewal Cream: If you were to ask me to apply a cream on my face 5 years ago, I definitely would not agree. Face creams used to break me out and I only used lotions back then because they were so much thinner. Now, I use an Olay cream at night and an Olay lotion during the day. It’s very important to moisturize the parts where I applied my acne spot treatment to prevent my skin for flaking.
7. Clinique Repairwear Intensive Eye Cream: I started incorporating night cream into my skin care routine almost a year ago. It’s never too early to prevent aging! I like this eye cream because it’s very moisturizing and not greasy at all. I get some product onto my ring finger and massage my eyelids gently in circular motion. Our ring fingers are our weakest fingers so we don’t apply too much force to the most sensitive part of our faces.
8. Beauty Rush Lip Balm: This is a very moisturizing lip balm. I generally only use it at night because it does not contain SPF and the packaging isn’t very convenient. I just don’t like dipping a dirty finger into the jar and then touching my lips with it. Too germaphobic for that…heh Plus the residue on the finger is sticky so I always need to use a tissue or wash my hands after application. Other than that, it’s great because it feels more like a lip butter than a lip balm.
Final note on toner: I realize that I didn’t include toner in my routine. I used to use one right after cleansing my face. But recently, I find it more effective if I wipe my face with toner right before I go to bed. I generally take showers kind of early so my hair can air dry before sleeping. By the time I go to bed, my skin is oily again. I prefer to get rid of the oil before I go to sleep.
Phew, this post turned out to be much longer than expected! Thanks for reading!! Let me know if you’d like to share your evening skin care routine :)