2013 Summer Skin Care Routine
Hi everyone, today I’ll be sharing my summer skincare routine with you. When it comes down to all the different aspects of beauty, I personally think skin care is the most important element. I have my fair share of skin problems and they have definitely impacted my self-esteem. But with the right products for your skin and keeping up with your routine, you’ll see a difference in the long run. For my fellow combination skin folks out there, I hope you’ll find these product reviews helpful.
- Naive Aloe Cleanser: This is a gentle cream cleanser that foams up very well. A little goes a long way! Like other Asian skincare products, this cleanser comes in a variety of “flavors”. The aloe version is great for combination skin. It removes oil very effectively without drying out my skin. I just finished up this tube of cleanser and I’m currently using the peach flavor.
- Clinique Acne Spot Healing Gel: If you’ve been reading my blog for a while, you know this is my holy grail acne spot treatment. It works great for preventing and treating pimples.
- Olay Complete Lotion: This is my favorite skincare product of all times. I’ve been using it since middle school and nothing else works quite like it. It’s thin, moisturizing, never breaks me out, and provides a little bit of sun protection. This is the perfect day-time moisturizer for oily/combination skin. If you have dry skin, try the cream version.
- Philosophy Purity Cleanser: The best cleanser for removing my makeup without overdrying my skin. It removes face makeup and eye makeup (with the exception of really waterproof mascara) very well.
- Facial Mask (not pictured, click link for review): Once a week, I like to use c. Booth Volcanic Mud Mask and Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque to cleanse my pores and control my acne. Mud masks are great for summer time!
- Mario Badescu Special Cucumber Lotion: This is a gentle toner for oily and combination skin. It’s very refreshing and soothing. The cucumber ingredient helps to calm the redness in my skin.
- Mario Badescu Drying Cream: This is great for cystic acne, especially around chin area. (It doesn’t do much for whiteheads though. I use the Clinique spot treatment for that.)
- St. Ives Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer: This lotion has the perfect texture for summer. It’s very light, hydrating, and refreshing. I put it all over my face and neck at night.
Have you used any of these before? Please share your favorite summer skincare products in the comment box!