2012 is almost over, which means it’s time to share my Nice & Naughty List for the year. Without further ado, let’s get started.
- Olay Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System: cleans my face really well, affordable, travel-friendly, what else can you ask for? :)
- Philosophy Purity Cleanser: removes waterproof eye makeup on its own (rare), gentle and not drying, just an awesome cleanser in general
- Kat Von D Tattoo Liner: super dependable because it does not smudge at all on my oily eyelids and it’s very long-wearing
- Dolly Wink Liquid Liner: pretty much the same as above but even more precise; only wish it’d last longer
- Urban Decay 24/7 Shadow Pencils: a great alternative to eyeshadows when I’m traveling or in a hurry; it also makes my eyeliner lasts longer because it keeps my eyelids from getting oily
- Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette: simply the best neutral palette; and since I’m not a huge eyeshadow person, I can’t see myself purchasing another eyeshadow palette anytime soon
- EcoTools Buffing Brush: my favorite brush for applying BB cream and liquid products in general; it’s a flat-top kabuki brush, similar to the Sigma F80
- e.l.f. Studio Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder: This product is often raved as the drugstore dupe for the NARS Bronzing/Blush Duo. Since it was only $3, I thought why not give it a try. Huge mistake. This product broke me out really badly, causing cystic acne and leaving dark scars on my face. Although I have sensitive skin, I rarely break out due to cosmetic products in general. If you are looking for an affordable blush/bronzing duo, I’d suggest staying away from this product and try something else.
- Maybelline Dream Matte Powder: I used to like this powder for a while because it does keep my face matte for several hours. But whenever I use this in the winter, it exaggerates the dry patches on my skin. Even worse, this powder seems to enlarge the pores around my nose area. Luckily I have found a compact powder to replace this product (Rimmel Stay Matte Powder).
- Smashbox Jet Set Waterproof Eyeliner: Since this was my first gel liner, I was pretty excited to try this product. But it smudged really badly on my eyelids and gives me raccoon eyes. Very disappointing product.
What were your favorite and least favorite products for 2012? I’d love to hear about them.