Someone recently asked us on tumblr what to use for dark underarms so that they could wear swimsuits without any embarrassment.
Okay, so here we go.
First of all, there’s no need to be embarrassed about any type of beauty issue! Everyone has ‘em, and the great thing about beauty bloggers and tumblers is that we love to help you out!
Personally, I don’t have this issue. But I have seen youtube beauty gurus who have dark underarms, and they have talked about a few tips for this.
In particular, Judy from itsJudyTime talks directly about getting white underarms.
Here’s her video on this topic.
Some of her quick tips and information tidbits:
- dark armpits can be caused by: shaving, using a deodorant that has strong chemicals used for their fragrance,
- at home remedy: take a lemon, take out the seeds, and rub it into your arm area
- use papaya soap (a Philippino skin tip)
- exfoliate that area with a loofah
Here’s another video on getting rid of dark underarms from BeautySplurge on youtube.
- use Dove Exfoliating soap w/ Gillette Fusion ProGlide (to avoid/relieve irritation)
- shave in direction of hair growth in short strokes
- don’t use old razors
- alternatives to shaving: tweezing, use an epilator, wax
- gently exfoliate armpits daily with a loofah or pumice
- exfoliate and lighten dark marks with baking soda (1 tablespoon of baking soda, add water to form a paste, apply paste to area, leave paste for 10 minutes and then rinse off)
- use more natural deodorants (brands like Tom’s, Dr.Hauschka, Aubrey Organics, Bubble and Bee, Burt’s Bees) or an astringent or cornstarch
- and lots of additional advice!!
I watched BeautySplurge’s video (a 2-part endeavor), and I found it to be super informative and doable.
P.S.- if you have any questions, send them our way!